Nuffie

Monday 20 March 2017

MUET : My Experiences.

Assalamualaikum WBT,



Last 11th March 2017, I went to SMK Bentong to sit for Malaysian University English Test (MUET) March 2017. 

The papers were Reading Comprehension, Writing, and Listening. It was my first time after 2012 format. I went to my teacher, to ask about the format and it quite enlightening moment when I found out that most of the format changes were in all of these three papers. To be honest, I was quite scared of the papers because I have not had any practices with Listening and Writing. I did a bit on Reading Comprehension but not so much of other two papers. 

For the first paper, Reading Comprehension, there were 6 passages with total of 45 questions. Question 1 to 29, the choices of answers are A,B, and C and for Question 30 to 45, the choices of answers are A,B,C, and D. We were given 90 minutes to answer all the questions. There are simple questions with simple answers and there are tricky questions with quite tricky answers. But, I managed to answer all the question and I really hope that I can get near to full marks which is 120 marks. If I can get 100 marks, that would be so amazing already.

For the second paper, it was Writing. We were given 90 minutes as well to answer all the question. In writing, there are TWO section which are Question 1 and Question 2. For Question 1, we were asked to write a REPORT with 150 to 200 words. The format for the report is simple where we just have to state the information given in the given charts and numbers. 40 marks is allocated for Question 1. For Question 2, we were asked to write a passage with AT LEAST 350 words. To me, it was quite challenging because due the fact that I haven't had any recent practice on Writing a long passage, I really need to focus more on not making mistakes in explaining my points. For this paper, the full marks is 90. If I can get up to 80 marks, I would be very happy.

For that last paper, it was Listening. We were given 30 minutes to listen to text and answer the questions. To be honest, I was quite afraid of this paper. Reason? I did not have ANY practice. I just listen to songs and talk shows WITHOUT looking at the subtitles. I think it worked. The format for Listening has simplified the paper itself to the extend of almost a free marks paper for candidates to excel in MUET. So, take advantage of that. For Listening, the full marks is 45 marks. It I were to get 40 marks or full marks, 45, it would so nice. Haha...

So, that is all for now. I will share with you more on how to answer the each paper effectively. 

That is all, thank you.

Assalamualaikum WBT

p/s: Get ready to register for May session 2017. Buy the Pin guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment