Nuffie

Thursday 29 October 2015

SPM Literature Component : Short Story : Tanjung Rhu by MinFong Ho.

Assalmualaikum WBT,

Have you read about Tanjung Rhu by MinFong Ho?

If you haven't, please do. Why? It was one of the short stories in the Literature Component for SPM and one most important thing is, that short story was amazing. I read it and I admit that it took me quite a few readings to understand it, but I managed, so, please, you still have time to read it before the SPM. Hihu...

But then, since I have read the story, I will write about it here, through my understanding of the short story. Tanjung Rhu was written by MinFong Ho and the version that we are using is the retold version by Clare West. Tanjung Rhu is about a family lived in Tanjung Rhu, Singapore. The main character is Mr. Li, who own a big shipyard and he was very rich man. Mr. Li had a mother and his mother died at the beginning of the story. Helen was Mr.Li's wife and Ying is Mr.Li and Helen's daughter. There were on four characters in the short story. 

If you read the story, it was quite intense but you really need to understand what is the gist of the short story. You have to read to understand the story, do not just read the synopsis, no. You have to read all the way. 

I will write more on the about all the things that you need to know about elaborating a short story. Okay?

Assalamualaikum WBT

p/s: I am so sorry, I was too busy with things. 

No comments:

Post a Comment