Nuffie

Thursday 13 March 2014

Learning English Grammar : Noun.

Assalamualaikum WBT,


To be honest, my passion for English grammar has never fade and I really love learning it over and over again. Trust me. I even have several books on English grammar and still have trouble in learning it, why? Well, English is not a language that I used daily so, I usually have trouble in differentiate a few tenses and the sentence structures. Yes.

Usually, when I want to use something in particular sentence, I would easily go back to the book, well, if I have the time but if I do not have the time, I would go for the simple ones, always.

Okay, for the beginning of this blog, the reason I made is because I want to share the English knowledge that I have and I better start it again right? So, for this entry, I will write on English grammar. NOUNS.

Nouns.

There are some people, animals, places and things in this world, and each person, animal, place and thing has a name. Do you know the names? Let see these given pictures.



Look at these two pictures, what do you see? A gorilla and also a group of small, cute baby penguins, right? These two are grouped in the animal section. Noun = animals, baby penguins, gorilla, grass, snow and also try to look around you, what do you see? pencils? mouse? comb? perhaps.. right? So those are nouns.

Nouns divided into five different kind, proper nouns, common nouns, collective nouns, material nouns and abstract nouns.

Proper nouns : John (person's name), The Chinese, The Malays (people), Cameron Highlands (place)

Common nouns : computer, mouse, monitor, comb (any things names)

Collective nouns : singular in form though denoting more than one. For example, herd, army, flock.

Material nouns : the name of substance. For example, milk, iron, wood.

Abstract nouns : the name of a quality. For example, love, pain, truth, colours.

So, that is about noun. Next time, I write more on the English grammar. Its not that difficult to learn it, trust me. Next, I will be writing more on noun. Yes, hope you will enjoy it, English is easy. We made it easy.

Assalamualaikum WBT

p/s: Its not that difficult.

1 comment:

  1. Great presentation skill. This is so complete and self-fulfilling that it's strangely satisfying to read . Thanks a lot for your kind help . Your presentation on concept of English Grammar is smart ,to the point and benefit me amazingly . You've done a lot of work on this and it shows .

    ReplyDelete